BDNF regulates filopodial dynamics through RhoA-dependent modulation of ADF/cofilin
Associate Professor, Department of Biology, Augustana College, IL
Paul C. Letourneau
- Gehler S, Baldassarre M, Lad Y, Leight JL, Wozniak MA, Riching KM, Eliceiri KW, Weaver VM, Calderwood DA, Keely PJ. Filamin A-β1 integrin complex tunes epithelial cell response to matrix tension. Molec Biol Cell. 2009;20:3224-3238. *nominated for the American Society for Cell Biology Paper of the Year
- Keely PJ, Conklin MW, Gehler S, Ponik SM, Provenzano PP. Investigating integrin regulation and signaling events in three dimensional systems. Meth Enzymol. 2007;426:27-45.
- Chen TJ*, Gehler S*, Shaw AE, Bamburg JR, Letourneau PC. Cdc42 participates in the regulation of ADF/cofilin and retinal growth cone filopodial dynamics by brain derived neurotrophic factor. J Neurobiol. 2006;66(2):103-114. *contributed equally as first authors
- Gehler S, Gallo GG, Veien E, Letourneau PC .p75NTR signaling regulates growth cone filopodial dynamics through modulating RhoA activity. J Neurosci.. 2004;24:4363-4372.
- Fass J, Gehler S, Sarmiere P, Letourneau PC, Bamburg JR. Regulating filopodial dynamics through actin-depolymerizing factor/cofilin. Anat Sci Int.. 2004;79(4):173-183.
- Gehler S, Shaw AE, Sarmiere PD, Bamburg JR, Letourneau PC. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor regulation of retinal growth cone filopodial dynamics is mediated through ADF/cofilin. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10741-10749.