Effect of Capsaicin on Zinc Localization, Preprotachykinin and Neurokinin-1 mRNA Content
Otolaryngologist, Puerto Rico
- Velazquez RA , McCarson KE, Cai Y, Kovacs KJ, Shi Q, Evensjo M, Larson AA. Upregulation of neurokinin-1 receptor expression in rat spinal cord by an N-terminal metabolite of substance P. Eur J Neurosci. 2002 Jul;16(2):229-41.
- Larson AA, Giovengo SL, Shi Q, Velazquez RA , Kovacs KJ. Zinc in the extracellular area of the central nervous system is necessary for the development of kainic acid-induced persistent hyperalgesia in mice. Pain. 2000 May;86(1-2):177-84.
- Giovengo SL, Kitto KF, Kurtz HJ, Velazquez RA , Larson AA. Parenterally administered kainic acid induces a persistent hyperalgesia in the mouse and rat. Pain. 1999 Nov;83(2):347-58.
- Velazquez RA, Cai Y, Shi Q, Larson AA. (1999) The distribution of zinc selenite and expression of metallothionein-III mRNA in the spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia of the rat suggest a role for zinc in sensory transmission. J Neurosci 19:2288-2300.
- Velazquez RA, Kitto KF, Larson AA. (1997) CP-96,345, which inhibits [3H] substance P binding, selectively inhibits the behavioral response to intrathecally administered N-methyl-D-aspartate, but not substance P, in the mouse. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 281:1231-1237.
- Velazquez RA , Sun X, Kurtz HJ, Larson AA. Possible role of the N-terminus of substance P in kainic acid-induced toxicity in rats. Brain Res. 1993 Oct 8;624(1-2):109-14.