PhD/JD Program Member
Undergraduate Institution and Major:
Skidmore College, BA, Neuroscience and Psychology, 2013
Sylvain Lesne, Ph.D., Department of Neuroscience
Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases
- Khan SS, LaCroix M, Boyle G, Sherman MA, Brown JL, Amar F, Aldaco J, Lee MK, Bloom GS, Lesné SE. Bidirectional modulation of Alzheimer phenotype by alpha-synuclein in mice and primary neurons. Acta Neuropathol. 2018;136(4):589-605
- Joseph C. Palamountain all-college writing award (2013), Amy Eisenberg Memorial Award in psychology (2013), Thoroughbred Society for varsity athletes, departmental honors in Neuroscience and Psychology
- Neurodegenerative Diseases and Neural Injury
- Alfonso Araque, Ph.D., Department of Neuroscience
- Walter Low, Ph.D., Department of Neurosurgery
- Sylvain Lesne, Ph.D., Department of Neuroscience
Why Did You Choose MN?
I was looking for a school that wasn’t afraid to push boundaries, was doing a variety of impactful research, and had a supportive atmosphere with great camaraderie among the students.
Student Mentor And the Best Advice They Gave:
Cook: The classes will be a lot (of work), but just keep pushing through, because everyone else is in the same position.
Favorite Itasca Memory:
1) Hanging with my cohort in general 2) the meteor shower 3) paddle board raft creation.