The work done in my laboratory is aimed at understanding the neural mechanisms underlying the processing of information that leads to the production of movements. For this purpose, we combine psychophysical and neuro-physiological approaches. The current projects concern (1) the neural mechanisms for encoding, and retrieving spatial information in working memory using memory scanning tasks, and (2) the effect of degree of uncertainty on the preparatory neural activity that precedes a movement.
(For a comprehensive list of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.)
- Tzagarakis C, Thompson A, Rogers RD, Pellizzer G. The degree of modulation of beta band activity during motor planning is related to trait impulsivity. Front Integr Neurosci. 2019 Jan 17;13:1.
- Carpenter AF, Baud-Bovy G, Georgopoulos AP, Pellizzer G. Encoding of serial order in working memory: Neuronal activity in motor, premotor and trefrontal cortex during a memory scanning task.J Neurosci. 2018;38(21):4912-4933.
- Sosnik R, Tadipatri VA, Tewfik AH, Pellizzer G. Block design enhances classification of 3D reach targets from electroencephalographic signals. Neuroscience. 2016;329:201-12.
- Tzagarakis C, West S, Pellizzer G. Brain oscillatory activity during motor preparation: effect of directional uncertainty on beta, but not alpha, frequency band. Front Neurosci. 2015 Jul 21;9:246.
- Tadipatri VA, Tewfik A, Ashe J, Pellizzer G. Source localization techniques for direction decoding from local field potentials. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013;2013:838-41
- Tzagarakis C, Pellizzer G, Rogers RD. Impulsivity modulates performance under response uncertainty in a reaching task. Exp Brain Res. 2013;225:227-235.
- Tadipatri VA, Tewfik AH, Ashe J, Pellizzer G. Robust movement direction decoders from local field potentials using spatio-temporal qualitative patterns. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2012;2012:4623-6.