The Fair laboratory focuses on mechanisms and principles that underlie the developing brain. The majority of this work uses functional MRI and resting state functional connectivity MRI to assess typical and atypical populations. A second focus has become testing the feasibility of using various functional and structural MRI techniques in translational studies of developmental neuropsychiatric disorders (e.g., attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and autism). We are exploring ways to better characterize individual patients with these psychopathologies to help guide future diagnostic, therapeutic and genetic studies.
- Kaplan S, Perrone A, Alexopoulos D, Kenley JK, Barch DM, Buss C, Elison JT, Graham AM, Neil JJ, O'Connor TG, Rasmussen JM, Rosenberg MD, Rogers CE, Sotiras A, Fair DA, Smyser CD. Synthesizing pseudo-T2w images to recapture missing data in neonatal neuroimaging with applications in rs-fMRI. Neuroimage. 2022 Mar 11;253:119091.
- Graham AM, Marr M, Buss C, Sullivan EL, Fair DA. Understanding vulnerability and adaptation in early brain development using network neuroscience. Trends Neurosci. 2021 Apr;44(4):276-288.
- Hermosillo RJM, Mooney MA, Fezcko E, Earl E, Marr M, Sturgeon D, Perrone A, Dominguez OM, Faraone SV, Wilmot B, Nigg JT, Fair DA. Polygenic risk score-derived subcortical connectivity mediates attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder diagnosis. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2020 Mar;5(3):330-341.
- Mooney MA, Bhatt P, Hermosillo RJM, Ryabinin P, Nikolas M, Faraone SV, Fair DA, Wilmot B, Nigg JT. Smaller total brain volume but not subcortical structure volume related to common genetic risk for ADHD. Psychol Med. 2020 Jan 24:1-10.
- Ramirez JSB, Graham AM, Thompson JR, Zhu JY, Sturgeon D, Bagley JL, Thomas E, Papadakis S, Bah M, Perrone A, Earl E, Miranda-Dominguez O, Feczko E, Fombonne EJ, Amaral DG, Nigg JT, Sullivan EL, Fair DA. Maternal interleukin-6 is associated with macaque offspring amygdala development and behavior. Cereb Cortex. 2020 Mar 14;30(3):1573-1585.
- Miranda-Dominguez O, Feczko E, Grayson DS, Walum H, Nigg JT, Fair DA. Heritability of the human connectome: A connectotyping study. Netw Neurosci. 2018 Jun 1;2(2):175-199.
- Anandakumar J, Mills KL, Earl EA, Irwin L, Miranda-Dominguez O, Demeter DV, Walton-Weston A, Karalunas S, Nigg J, Fair DA. Individual differences in functional brain connectivity predict temporal discounting preference in the transition to adolescence. Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2018 Nov;34:101-113.
- Mills BD, Grayson DS, Shunmugavel A, Miranda-Dominguez O, Feczko E, Earl E, Neve KA, Fair DA. Correlated gene expression and anatomical communication support synchronized brain activity in the mouse functional connectome. J Neurosci. 2018 Jun 20;38(25):5774-5787.